The Four Wheel Drive Zone
July 31, 2014, 11:18:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Four Wheel Drive Zone                 The 4wd Zone Shop is now open for business check it out now www.the4wdzone.com/shop              Dont forget to vote in the What brand do we drive poll just go into Member's Rigs                  There is now a for sale/wanted section to the forum                Are you a member of a 4wd Club? If you are PM Ace and find out how to get your own clubs forum                     If you own a 4wd related business PM Ace and become a site sponsor, its FREE!!!!

4wd Zone Home   Home   Help Search Arcade Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota Hilux diesel injector pump issues  (Read 3077 times)
Dauntless
Off Road Demon

« on: November 08, 2007, 05:46:01 PM »

Hi everyone! I own a 1982 Toyota Hilux (LN46) 4x4 dual cab. It was professionally fitted with a '2L' 2.4 diesel engine in the early 90's. Anyway, on to my problem.

The injector pump is leaking diesel. During and after running, diesel drips from underneath the unit, onto the ground. It is a significant amount of fuel. I haven't been able to accurately determine exactly where it is leaking from, but the majority of the pump is damp with fuel, and so are the #3 and #4 injector lines where they attach to the pump.

Other than that, it works quite well, with no misfiring or hard starting, etc.

So, my questions:

1: Are the pumps rebuildable?
2: If so, how difficult is the rebuild? Is it something I could attempt?
3: What commonly fails in the pumps that causes leaks?
4: How difficult is it to remove from the vehicle?
5: Does anyone have a good used unit they are willing to sell me?
6: Can I use a unit from a '3L' engine if I can't source the correct one?

Thanks  Cheesy
Ace
Administrator
Ultimate 4WDer

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 11:19:06 AM »

Have you checked the fittings where the for the 3 and 4 injector lines fit to the pump, they may be leaking from there.

4wding, its the most fun you can have with your pants on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: